On Friday, 16th August 2019, I got a chance to interact with the ‘Former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India’ – Dr. Urjit Patel.
Dr. Urjit Patel is an Indian economist, who served as the 24th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India from 4 September 2016 to 10 December 2018.
I would like to share the Question I asked him, and what his answer was..!
1) Can you give me some Advice or learning of life?
A) Remember 3 things –
1) Focus – Be clear with what you want.
3) Bit of Good luck.!
2) How do you take tough decisions?
A) It depends upon how many alternatives I have, and upon the information and knowledge I have.
3) What do you do in your leisure time?
A) I like to watch cricket and spend time with my Family.
4) What kind of books do you read?
A) Nothing Specific. Whichever I feel like reading – I read.
5) How to gain balance between Work life and Personal Life (Family)?
A) It depends from person to person. Everyone have their own ways to maintain that balance.
6) Is Interest and Passion important for achieving our goals?
A) You remember I spoke about – Focus? Interest and passion will lead to focus.
7) Did you achieved your childhood dream?
A) Yes, I became what I dreamt about.
8) Do you have any regrets in your life?
This was a rare encounter with such a great personality, he was humble and kind. I am grateful that I was ready with the questions in my mind.